September 11, 2010

...self-therapy.

A week ago I cut off THIRTEEN inches of hair.
AAH!
I haven't had short hair since third grade.
... I feel light-headed.
aha. ha. hah.


But it's been a week and I still feel ghost-like wisps of long hair falling around my shoulders, down my back, brushing my arms. My neck is constantly cold. I want to twirl my locks of wavy, long brown hairs around my fingers and throw them over my shoulder.


But they are in a bag, in an envelope, in a post office or a mail truck somewhere, rubber bands tied around them. Destined to be made into a wig...They're no longer a part of me.


Do I sound sad? I feel like I'm mourning or something. But I'm not actually upset. I like my new cut; I know I'll miss my hair, but it can always grow back... It grows really fast, too. And besides...
It was time for a change:


Let all that hair bless somebody else for a while.


Ohhhhh... THAT'S what shirt I'm wearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment