November 9, 2011

technology ruins lives

I'm sitting in the union, trying to work on an essay but getting distracted by the plethora of Mark Driscoll sermons available online. I'm sitting in a cushy armchair, munching on dry lucky charms and wishing I had headphones so I could listen to music. I'm sitting by a window, watching the snow and contemplating God's sovereignty. I'm sitting near a guy and a girl who are in a relationship, a couple that has been there for an hour and barely spoken 10 words to each other.
They walked in together.
They found a pair of chairs.
They each pulled out their fancy shmancy smart phones and never looked back.

Do you s'pose they're in love? Do you s'pose they think they are?

I mean, I know I don't know them...
But...
That can't be what it's s'posed to look like.

1 comment: