November 7, 2011

Today has been

                                   ...one of those days.


Wretched things:
I'm sick.
I'm tired.
I'm stressed.
I'm confused.
I miss camp.
I miss soccer.
I miss my friends.
I miss my family.

Things that always make me feel better:
Prayer.
Reading Donald Miller.
Being cozy.
Watching glorious sunsets.
Getting a back rub that's so good it hurts.
Feeling pretty.
Going on walks at night.
Listening to Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong.
Jumping in puddles.
Painting.
Hearing the Truth.
Drinking raspberry chai.
Hugs.
Assurance that God knows what He's doing.


I'm looking for a place
where I can plant my faith.
One thing I know for sure;
that I cannot create it
and I cannot sustain it.
It's Your love that's keeping me
Please be my strength. 
Please be my strength,
cause I don't have any more.
I don't have any more.

And at my final breath,
I hope that I can say,
"I fought the good fight of faith."
I pray your glory shines 
in this doubting heart of mine
And all would know that You--
You are my strength.
You are my strength;
You and You alone.
You keep bringing me back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment